Recreation Center Fitness Area
The Alan E. Sims Cedar Hill Recreation Center features a 3,500 square foot state-of-the-art fitness area containing a three lane walking/jogging track, various strength and cardio equipment, as well as free weights to help you meet all of your health and wellness goals!
Free wallet lockers are available in the fitness area and we encourage you to use them to secure your personal items, as well as full-size and half-size lockers in our locker rooms. See the fitness area staff or front desk for more information.
The three-lane walking/jogging track (13 laps equals 1 mile) is available to members.
- All users must wear appropriate athletic shoes.
- Open toe sandals and flip-flops are not permitted for safety reasons. No hard-soled shoes or spiked heels allowed.
- Strollers are not permitted in the fitness area.
We offer all new Cybex Selectorized Strength equipment and Cybex Jungle Gym. The Cybex VR3 is a group of machines that combines striking appearance with rugged durability.
The fitness area includes 42 cardio machines which 27 of them are equipped with LCD TVs, 21 strength machines, free weights and six 52 inch plasma televisions. There are 6 Precor Ellipticals, 5 Precor Recumbent Bikes, 2 Precor Adaptive Motion Trainers, 1 Stairmaster, 2 Cybex ARC Trainers, 1 Octane Lateral, 9 Treadmills, 2 Precor Upright Bikes.
All Members are encouraged to attend a free fitness orientation to learn the basic skills and mechanics of working out with our fitness equipment to ensure safety and proper use. Contact the Recreation Center or stop by the fitness desk to set-up an appointment with a fitness staff member.
- 11 years and under: Not allowed in the fitness area or track. This includes strollers, baby carriers and children sitting inside fitness area while parent/guardian is exercising.
- 12 to 13 years: Member is required to complete a Youth Fitness Orientation, have a signed fitness waiver by parent/guardian on file, and parent/guardian must be present in the fitness area during the time of usage.
- 14 to 15 years: Member is required to complete a Youth Fitness Orientation, have a signed fitness waiver by parent/guardian on file.
- 16 to 17 years: Member must have a signed fitness waiver by parent/guardian on file.
View the full list of Recreation Center policies (PDF) for additional rules and regulations.
The Alan E. Sims Cedar Hill Recreation Center offers individual training services from several certified personal trainers with various specializations to help meet your health and fitness goals.
Meet Our Trainers
Aerobics and Fitness Association of America Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Group Fitness Instructor, BS Regis University, Denver, Colorado, CPR/AED
Experience in training clients with a wide range of fitness levels such as those who are new to exercise or post-chemotherapy patients, to clients suffering from diabetes, obesity, or post-gastric bi-pass challenges.
Certified through SCW
Wil has been a part of the fitness industry since 2007. He aspires to open his own gym and after-school program for underdeveloped children.
Certified Personal Trainer, National Academy of Sports and Medicine (NASM)
Licensed Massage Therapist, Parker University, Dallas, Texas
As a Marine,private security officer and former certified peace officer, Marcus has an intimate appreciation of how the body responds under pressure. He developed a keen interest in anatomy and kinesiology; wanting to understand how one can improve body function. As a Licensed Massage Therapist and Certified Personal Trainer, Marcus challenges himself to have optimal well-being and encourages others to unlock their physical potential. He founded Corps Fitness Training because he is passionate about providing an exceptional personal training experience, as well as helping others gain and maintain long-term fitness,wellness, and functionality. Corps Fitness Training offers gym-based and home-based sessions with flexible pricing to fit your budget!