Note: Effective June 5, 2017, changes were introduced in trash and recycling services to promote cleaner streets and neighborhoods, more reliable and consistent service, and a more environmentally responsible operation. Review Frequently Asked Questions about the recent changes.
Residential Trash / Recycling Service
Trash and recycling are collected weekly, on the same day. Review the collection day map. Trash and recycling should be set out by 7 a.m. on collection day. You may set carts out after 6 p.m. or one hour before sunset, whichever is earlier, on the evening before collection.
- Every single-family home has a green 96-gallon wheeled cart with a green lid for household trash.
- Every single-family home has been issued a 96-gallon wheeled cart with a yellow lid for recycling. Carts will not be collected if they contain anything but acceptable recyclable materials.
- Please place cart 5 feet from obstructions (such as vehicles or mailboxes) within 1 from curb or fence if in an alley. Place carts 2-3 feet apart with the handles facing the home or fence.
- Residents may elect to lease an additional 96-gallon trash cart for $3 per month per cart. To request a trash cart, submit a request or call the Customer Service Department at 469-272-2931.
- Green waste, brush and bulk items are collected on a monthly pickup schedule. See below for additional information regarding these special collections.
Bulk items are collected once per month and are limited to 4 cubic yards. Collection will be on the front curb the same week as your brush pick up. Residents may call into Waste Management at 972-315-5400 to schedule a second free bulk collection, once per month.
Acceptable Bulk Items:
- Pieces of furniture
- One fence section (cut to 4ft. sections with no concrete)
- Other residential items too large for a container
- Construction debris
- Hazardous waste
In the Spring and the Fall the City provides collection of electronic waste items that can be recycled including: CD/DVD players, cell phones, copiers, fax machines, printers, satellite TV equipment, VCRs and TVs up to 32". The E-waste event includes free paper shredding service. Check the E-waste page on the City website for dates and details. Recycled items are processed for free by a third-party company that salvages and recycles most of the material and safely disposes of the rest.
The Best Buy store in Cedar Hill, located in the Target shopping center, will accept electronic items to be recycled during regular business hours. They accept TVs up to 42" and other electronic devices.
Loose Brush Monthly Service
Larger quantities of brush are picked up at the curb (not in the alley) once a month according to the map. Week 1 begins the first Monday of each month. More information and a map showing collection weeks is available online.
Brush does not need to be bundled, but must not exceed 4-foot lengths or branches over 6 inches in diameter. Do not place brush on water meters or under power / telephone lines. Residents may place up to 10 cubic yards (size of a small car).
Brush resulting from work done by a commercial service provider will not be picked up such as tires, hazardous waste, commercial waste or construction debris. For amounts over 10 yards, please contact Waste Management at 972.315.5400 to negotiate a pickup charge.
The City of Cedar Hill encourages recycling. Recyclable materials include:
- Aluminum cans
- Cereal boxes
- Glass bottles #1 and #2 plastic bottles and containers (HDPE and PET)
- Household paper products
- Junk mail
- Steel / tin cans
- Telephone books
- Automotive batteries
- Cooking oil
- Motor oil
- Other hazardous materials
- Paint cans
- Packaging materials contaminated with food or grease
- Pesticide containers
Proper Disposal of Grease & Cooking Oil
Do not pour cooking oil or grease down your sink. When these materials cool they collect in sewer pipes and clog them, resulting in expensive repairs and occasionally, backups into homes.
Small amounts of cooking oil can be collected in a paper towel and disposed in the garbage. Larger quantities, such as used in fryers, should be collected in a container and disposed either at the biannual local Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events, or taken to the EEC facility in Fort Worth.
Holiday & Inclement Weather Make-up Days
If trash pickup is missed due to a holiday or inclement weather, service schedules for that week will be affected. Please call Waste Management at (800) 772-8623 for collection details or go to the website at www.wm.com.
The three (3) observed holidays:
Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. For additional information, please contact the city at 972.291.5100, ext.1005.
Residents may take materials such as fencing, brush, construction trash etc. to the Waste Management landfill located at 1201 North Central Avenue, in Ferris, TX. Residents will need to take a recent water bill from the city to show residency.
The landfill is open from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday - Friday and on Saturdays from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. More information regarding landfill access is available online.
Waste Management is the service provider for trash, recycling and landfill access for the residents and businesses of Cedar Hill. You may contact them Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., and on Saturday from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. at 972.315.5400.