Fine Payments

Fine Amounts

Fine amounts vary with the nature of the offense. The maximum fine amount on most traffic cases is $200, but violations of some city code provisions may be as much as $2,000 plus court costs. For more information call 972-291-5100, ext. 1041.

When you pay your fine you are pleading "no contest" and waiving your right to a trial. You will be found guilty and the conviction will be reported to the Department of Public Safety, if applicable.

Methods of PaymentsTPG-Online-Payments-Guide_2020 screenshot

Online Payments

You can pay court fees online by credit card, debit card, or e-check. You will need to have your ticket or docket number or last name and date of birth.

In Person

You may bring your payment to the Cedar Hill Municipal Court counter at:
Government Center
285 Uptown Boulevard
Cedar Hill, TX 75104

At the Municipal Court counter, we accept cash, check, money order and all major credit and debit cards.

Please note that if someone brings your payment you must have entered a plea. You may do so by signing the back of your citation or you may sign a plea form. Without a plea, the Municipal Court cannot accept a payment.

After Hours Night Drop Boxes

You may place a check or money order for your payment in the drop box in front of the Government Center, the one inside Government Center (located at the Utility Services windows) and at the Alan Sims Recreation Center at any time. Do not place cash in any of the drop boxes. Contents of the boxes are picked up once per business day by 2 p.m. and payments made after the daily pickup will be received and posted the following business day.

By Mail

You may mail your payment to: 

City of Cedar Hill (Attn: Municipal Court)
285 Uptown Boulevard
Cedar Hill, TX 75104                                                                                                                                          

The payment must be for the full amount due by either personal check or money order. Write the citation number on the check or money order. Indicate if you have an address change. If your citation is in warrant status, the Municipal Court will not accept payment by check.