Block Party Trailer
The Neighborhood Advisory Board and Neighborhood Services staff is pleased to offer the FREE Block Party Trailer to registered Homeowners Associations, Neighborhood Associations or Crime Watch groups to host neighborhood block parties. The trailer includes tables, chairs, coolers, yard games and more to help you host the best Block Party ever!
A Special Event Permit is required to block off any portion of a residential street for neighborhood block party purposes. Please complete the Special Event permit application to apply for a street closure. There is NO FEE to apply for a Special Event Permit or the Block Party Trailer!
Reservations are on a first come first serve basis and must be submitted no later than 2 weeks in advance. We are also only accepting weekend reservations. Click the links below for additional information.
- step 1 - Special Event Permit Application
- step 2 - Waiver Form
- step 3 - Guidelines
- step 4 - Reservation Application
Congratulations! So, you want to host a Block Party! That's a great way to get to know your neighbors and have some fun. Before you send out those invitations, you will need to fill out a Special Event Permit Application if you plan to block a street or cul-de-sac and sent to the Police Department a minimum of 30 days prior to your event.
The City of Cedar Hill Neighborhood Services and the Neighborhood Advisory Board is excited to provide this Block Party Trailer as a resource to registered neighborhood groups as they host neighborhood wide events. Please review the following guidelines before submitting your reservation application. Failure to abide by these guidelines may impact future use of this trailer by your neighborhood.
- Cedar Hill neighborhood groups registered with Neighborhood Services.
- Individual residents, businesses, nonprofits or other community organizations are NOT eligible to reserve the block party trailer.
- Reservations must be for neighborhood-wide events, private celebrations are not eligible.
Reserving the Block Party Trailer:
- Reservations are made on a first come first serve basis, however preference will be given to groups who are reserving for the first time.
- Reservations may be made up to 6 months in advance of the event and no later than 2 weeks before the event.
- Neighborhoods may only reserve the trailer more than once a year if the trailer is not booked.
- The reservation process begins once the application is submitted to the Neighborhood Services Department.
- The Block Party Trailer Waiver form and completed Block Party Trailer application must be provided prior to confirmation. Note: Events requiring a road closure will require completing a Special Event Permit Application. This is processed through the Cedar Hill Police Department and must be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to the party.
- There will be no soliciting or collection of any money or fee by anyone attending hosted event to view or for the use of trailer nor for the use of any inventory of items located inside the trailer on behalf of the City.
- After the application has been submitted, the Neighborhood Services Department will confirm if the date is available and will arrange a drop-off/pick-up time/location.
- Neighborhood groups are responsible for securing any applicable permits and they must be presented before the trailer is delivered.
- Trailer deliveries and pick up may only occur during normal business hours Monday – Friday.
- An adult resident must be present at the time of drop-off for orientation and pick-up for inspection.
- Residents may NOT relocate or move the trailer once it has been dropped off.
- The neighborhood group using the Block Party Trailer assumes responsibility for the trailer and its contents from the time they receive it until it is picked up city staff.
- An inventory will be taken when the trailer is picked up. Please notify the City of anything that is missing or damaged. If the trailer or its contents are stolen or damaged, the applicant shall immediately report such instances to the Cedar Hill Police Department.
- Tables and chairs must be wiped down and dry before returning to the trailer.
- Clean out coolers, ice chests and allow them to dry before returning to the trailer.
- Ensure that all items are returned to their appropriate places and secured with bungee cords.
- Sweep trailer floor and dispose of all trash.